To provide services which advocate for strengthening and preserving the individual and the family.
A belief we’ve held firm for the past 100 years and will continue well into the future.
Founded as Associated Charities, Family Service Agency came into existence through Mrs. Dwight B. (Maie Bartlett) Heard.
Through Mrs. Heard’s efforts and those of many others, the Maricopa Health Center merged with Associated Charities in 1923 to become the Social Service Center of Phoenix. Until 1946, virtually all the welfare services and medical care in the city and the metropolitan area came from this agency. Financial support came from the Board of Public Charities of the City of Phoenix, the Board of Supervisors of Maricopa County, the Red Cross, donations, and from the Community Chest after it’s formation in 1926.
Funds received were used for direct relief, family counseling, and extensive medical services involving the operation of nearly a dozen free clinics. In 1944, after a joint study with the Community Council, the Agency began a three-year demonstration project of a visiting nurse service, culminating in the establishment of the Visiting Nurse Service in 1948.
Paul Rodriguez | Chairman of the Board
Jeff Goeson | Vice Chair/Treasurer
Loretta M. Williams | Secretary
Milton Masson | Member
Dee Saager | Member
Clarice Parham | President/CEO
Clarice Parham | President/ CEO
Sherry Andrews | Director of Operations
Vern Brown | Chief Financial Officer
Blake Hobby | Human Resource Director
Dr Noé Vargas | Clinical Director
Hubert Wirtz | Policy and Business Development Advisor
Helga Burton-Byer | Executive Assistant to the President/CEO
Soraida Durazo | Systems Operations Manager
Vacant | Central Clinical Supervisor
Andrea March | Metro Clinical Supervisor
Vacant | Mesa Clinical Supervisor
Mary Maytubby | Revenue Cycle Manager
June Hobby | Medical Records/Digital Media Manager
2400 N. Central Ave #101
Phoenix, AZ 85004
1107 S. Gilbert Road
Phoenix, AZ 85204
10220 N. 31st Ave #103
Phoenix, AZ 85051