Arizona has more than 21,000 children in out of home care. Children of all ages, ethnicities, and cultures are coming into foster care due to neglect, abuse, and/or drug exposure. Family Service Agency is looking for loving, patient and understanding individuals of diverse backgrounds for children in need of a foster or adoptive home.
Family Service Agency is a private, not-for-profit, non-sectarian, United Way member agency. Established in 1902, we are the longest continually operating, locally founded social service agency in Arizona. Family Service Agency is a licensed Adoption and Child Welfare Placing Agency with 70 years of providing adoption services. We take great pride in our personalized services and take the time to get to know each family we work with.
What are the qualifications to be a foster parent in Arizona?
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Reside in Arizona
- Can be single, married or a couple
- Financially stable
- Must provide a physician’s statement verifying your emotional and physical health
- Free of serious CPS or criminal background
- Have safe and adequate living space for a child in foster care
How long does the foster care licensing process take?
- On average the process to become licensed as a foster parent takes 4 to 6 months. This process includes but is not limited to attending an orientation, meeting for an intake, training, fingerprinting, providing references, completing physician’s statements, and a home study.
Family Service Agency is a licensed Adoption and Child Welfare Placing Agency –